Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Devil & Marriage

I'm 27 years old, I've been with the same man for 9 1/2 years, 2 of those married. I don't know a lot about marriage but what I do know is that no matter that happens in our marriage divorce isn't an option. When I stood in front of our family and friends and vowed to love this man through good and bad, sickness and health, rich or poor until death do us part I wasn't just promising that to my husband but also to God. Sure some days are tougher than others but the good will always outweigh the bad because we choose to not the allow the negative things in life to affect our marriage. With all of that being said I truly believe there's such a strong attack on marriages and it's our job as God fearing christians to stop it. The Bible clearly says that love is a powerful thing and when you allow that love to fade you're allowing the devil to creep in and do what he does best. Don't let life get in the way of your marriage. Go on dates, hold hands while walking through the grocery store, kiss her on the cheek while she's doing the dishes, wink at him from across the room. The moment you give up and stop trying is the opportunity you give the devil to come in and steal your marriage. Love isn't easy but it's so worth it and when God sends you a spouse he doesn't do it with divorce in mind, we do that, the devil does that. We allow divorce to be an option. For Ryan and I we don't udder the word in our home no matter how mad we may get because that just gives the devil reason to start working. So fight for your marriage and love through the storms because there will be storms, it's just up to us how we let it affect us and our marriage. “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:4-5, 7, 11-13 NTL

No comments:

Post a Comment