Monday, January 18, 2016

Follow your dreams

For a long time, since I graduated high school 8 years ago, I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do with my life. I knew I wanted to be a wife and a mother and one day be able to stay home and raise my children. I knew that God put something inside of me, a purpose, a calling just like he had everyone else but it was up to me whether or not I wanted to follow that calling. For a very very long time I fought that calling/purpose and told myself I wasn't good enough to do what God designed me to do. What is my purpose you ask? My purpose and calling is my open my own daycare. Crazy right? Some people would think so because that's not their calling but for me it's been a dream I've thought about for years. To mentor tiny little children, to help them grow, to teach them the bible and the love of God, and to show them love that they may not get at home. For so long I've allowed fear to take over and the devil to whisper in my ear "it will fail, you will fail, and nothing you do is ever going to make you succeed". It's a lie that I bought into for years but finally now I'm more than ready to make my dreams come true. I've sat behind a desk far too long knowing exactly what needed to happen  but ignoring the will of God for my life. I've made it a goal in 2016 that by December 31st, 2016 I will have a successful daycare center. Will it be hard? Absolutely! Will I want to give up? Probably. Will I give up? HECK NO! Will I fail? Not with God! If you want to follow your dream then stop waiting and just do it! Life's too short & tomorrow's not guaranteed so do what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment